Job Experience & Internships
Technology and Media Chair- High Point, NC
- January 2015-Current
- Serve as a Student Point-of-Contact for the Program!
- Meet periodically with members of the Office of Communication and Culture regarding Bonner Program progress and future initiatives, projects, and milestones
- Keep abreast of new social media outlets and applications, and university PR & marketing initiatives
- Reserve facilities and make necessary arrangements for BLP campus events
- Create event advertisements for the SL/Bonner Facebook page, Campus Concierge Daily
- Update, SGA weekly emails, and community events
- Edit and maintain the Service Learning and Bonner Leader websites
- Maintain awareness of and become efficient in new technology to be used by the program members
Resort Realty- Red River, NM
- May 2015-August 2015
- What I Did: I helped run the office. I answered phone calls, made reservations, helped with the paperwork, and escorted our guests to their vacation homes.
- What I Gained: I was able to refine my social skills. I had to work with a lot of people day in and day out. It really helped me break out of my shell and I am now able to approach people with any questions or concerns. I am also better at communicating my thoughts with others.
Taos News-Taos, NM
- August 2013-May 2014
- What I Did: I wrote for the Taos News throughout my senior year of high school. They were written in Spanish so I was able to practice my Spanish skills. It was a wonderful opportunity.
- What I Gained: I was able to practice my Spanish writing skills and allowed the community of Taos to get to know accomplished students of Taos High School.
Los Alamos National Labs- Los Alamos, NM
- June 2014-August 2014
- What I Did: I was a research assistant to Dr. J. Gao. I worked in the Bioscience Department and did research regarding cells and new technology that will allow us to study them more efficiently.
- What I Gained: I was able to utilize my lab skills and nearly perfect them. Dr. Goa was a wonderful mentor and he taught me the procedures and precautions that labs follow. It was a great experience being able to work in a National lab and learn important protocols, how to read other scientist’s protocol’s to duplicate experiments, work with state-of-the-art technology such as microscopes, and learn how to culture cells and keep them healthy for research.