What a Long Term Goal Means to Me
I view long term goals as anything that will take longer than 2 years to achieve. These are the most important goals in my opinion because they determine your short term goals. Everything I do in my daily life will lead me to the accomplishment of the goals I have set for myself.
- Graduate with 3.7+ GPA
- Academics have always been important to me. I know that my grades will not be perfect but I want them to be great.
- Graduate with 1,500+ hours of service hours
- Servicing the community has always been a passion of mine. I love giving back to those who service everyone else, even in the simplest of ways. I want to be able to make a positive impact upon the city of High Point, and beyond.
- Get into medical school
- Become a doctor
I want to become a doctor because I love learning new things over time, and being a doctor you are always learning. I also love the fact that I will be able to service not only patients, but their families and friends. Sometimes people lose sight on what really matters, and it is the people who are being affected by a condition or disease. I want to be the one that people can rely on to get better. I know it is not always possible to cure someone completely but knowing that people will put their lives in my hands will be such a great honor. Being a doctor is to serve others in their time of need. I want to dedicate my life to people; I want to be of their service.
- I am trying to decide what kind of doctor I want to be. I know I want to work with the brain. The brain is the most complex organ in the body. It is a mystery that we have yet to unlock. There is so much we still need to learn about the brain, and just the nervous system in general. That is why I want to be either a neurologist or psychiatrist. Neurology intrigues me because of the biology, but psychiatry intrigues me because of the psychology. There is so much information we have yet to unlock! It is all so exciting! I just know that whatever path I take I will be happy.
- Join Doctors Without Borders
- I want to participate in Doctors Without Borders. People around the world do not always receive the health care that they need. I want to be a doctor that they can count on to receive proper health care, especially during dire times.